- About Us
- Renew My Materials
- Online Resources
- Find Books
- Contact Us
- Room Bookings
- Support Groups
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
To get a library card...
Or click on the picture below
to sign up for an eCard for
online access only
- Visit one of our five locations to get a free library card.
- You must be an area resident with current photo ID and proof of address.
- Children under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian with a current ID.
- Parents may grant permission for children to checkout videos and to use the Internet.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately.
- Replacement cards are FREE.
- By accepting a library card, you are agreeing to follow the Library's rules and policies in exchange for access to the Library's collections and services. You are agreeing to accept responsibility for all materials charged to the card, including fines and fees assessed to it.
- All library card information must be updated annually. Call or come by your local branch to renew your card.
- In order for another adult to pick up holds and/or pay fines or fees on your behalf, you must give written consent. Once consent is given, a note will be put in your account to allow them this access.
- Items in high demand - 7 days
- DVDs & Blu-rays - 7 days
- Wifi HotSpots - 7 days for $5 charge
- All other books and library materials - 14 days
- Items can be returned to any location or drop box in the Rutherford County Library System
- E-books are available through our website or app Visit rclstn.org, click on Find Books or apps and follow the instructions.
- Items can be placed on hold through our Online Catalog.
- There are NO LIMITS on number of checkouts for all items except DVDs, Blu-rays, CD Music, & Graphic Novels (limit 10).
- 2 renewals per item (if there are no holds)
- You may renew your materials:
- at any library branch
- by telephone
- from your home or office computer by going to our online catalog. Your User ID is your entire library barcode number; the default PIN is the last six digits of your library barcode number.
- If your books are due and you are not finished, call us or renew online on or before the due date for renewal.
- Books and audiobooks - $.10 per day.
- DVDs, Blu-rays, HotSpots & CD Music - $1.00 per day.
- Maximum fine for all materials is $7.00 per item.
- Fines must be below $5.00 to check out new materials.
Collection Agency and Payment Plans
Rutherford County Library System is obligated to attempt the recovery of all outstanding debt and/or library materials. To that end, patrons with lost items totalling $25 or more are subject to contact from Unique Collection Agency. A non-negotiable collection fee will be applied to the account of any patron who reaches this threshold.
Patrons whose accounts have been sent to collection may establish a payment plan with their local branch library. The payment plan will involve an initial payment, followed by regular installments until the patron's record is once again in good standing. If your account is past due, contact the Circulation Department to make the necessary payment arrangements.