There will be a special called meeting for the RCLS Library Board on Monday, December 18 at 5PM at the Rutherford County Courthouse Court Room.
Recent website vendor changes have caused the site to lose some functionality. Not every feature is available at this time. Please utilize social media for event information as well as contacting your local branch by visiting, calling or emailing.
Our calendar is sometimes displaying incorrect times, locations, etc. We apologize for the inconvenience.
New Library Cards
Introducing the New RCLS Library Card (click here to learn more)
Smyrna Public Library
Linebaugh Public Library (Main Branch)
MGL (Myrtle Glanton Lord) Public Library
MGL Library is located inside the Patterson Park Community Center
- Public Computers
Eagleville Bicentennial Public Library
- Public Computers
Technology Engagement Center (TEC)
- Public computers
- Meeting rooms - Reserve online.
- Archiving Cart - Reserve online.
- Cloud Printing
- Test Proctors
The TEC only circulates STEAM kits, hotspots and tablets.
The TEC does not operate or repair personal devices such as laptops or phones.
We have tech coaching and computer classes available (check calendar) if you need help with a personal device.
The RCLS mobile library runs throughout the Murfreesboro and Smyrna area.
RCLS Administration and Technical Services
Virtual or online classes, story times and other events.
Historical Research Center
The Historical Research Center collection includes:
- More than 10,000 books covering the Eastern, Southern, and Midwest regions of the U.S. and more than 5,200 rolls of microfilm - including the large L.W. Anderson that was donated to our historical collection in 1998.
- Access to Ancestry Library Edition (in-library use only) and HeritageQuest Online. Visit our Research Genealogy page for more information. Click here to use HeritageQuest on a computer outside of the library; you will need to enter your library card number.
- A microfilm reader/printer, computer access, and a Bookscribe copier.
- Our Rutherford County and Tennessee sources include:
- Newspapers from Murfreesboro are on microfilm from 1931 to the present. From 1820-1930 only scattered issues have survived and are available on microfilm.
- Murfreesboro city directories for 1925, 1934, 1940, 1947, 1950, 1956, 1958, 1960, 1962, 1964, 1966, 1967, 1969-89, and 1991-present
- Murfreesboro telephone directories for 1940 and 1953 to present
- Rutherford County Court Records on microfilm for 1804-1999
- An index compiled from Daily News Journal obituaries from 1976 to present
- The Tennessee Death Index for 1908-1956 and some death certificates on microfilm for Rutherford County
- Tennessee Confederate soldier pension records on microfilm
- Collection of many local school yearbooks
- Books by Rutherford County authors