Your Library Card
- You must be an area resident with current photo ID and proof of address.
- Children under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian with a current ID.
- Parents may grant permission for children to checkout videos and to use the Internet.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately.
- Replacement cards are FREE.
- By accepting a library card, you are agreeing to follow the Library’s rules and policies in exchange for access to the Library’s collections and services. You are agreeing to accept responsibility for all materials charged to the card, including fees assessed to it.
- All library card information is updated every three years. Email, call, or come by your local branch to renew your card.
- In order for another adult to pick up holds and/or pay fees on your behalf, you must give written consent. Once consent is given, a note will be put in your account to allow them this access.
- Items in high demand, Test Prep Books and Lucky 7 Books – 7 day loan period
- ALL other books and library materials – 14 day loan period
- Playaway User Agreement
- Items can be returned to any location or drop box in the Rutherford County Library System
- E-books are available through our website or app. Visit the apps page and follow the instructions.
- Items can be placed on hold through our Online Catalog.
- Unlimited checkouts for books and audiobooks, while a limited number of checkouts on other items may apply.
- RCLS offers a two-time courtesy auto renew on most materials if there are no holds on the item.
- 2 renewals per item (if there are no holds). Test Prep books and Steam Kits are 1 renewal only.
- If you have questions about any of your items, please visit or call your local branch library.
- If your books are due and you are not finished, call us for help with renewing or extending your return date.
- As of July 1, 2022, the Rutherford County Library System no longer charges fines for overdues.
- Unpaid fees must be below $5.00 to check out new materials.
- Patron accounts will be blocked for checkouts and billed for lost items when materials are assumed lost, because they have not been returned by their latest due date.
- The account will be unblocked with the return of lost item(s) or the payment of the replacement cost.
Request for Reconsideration of Materials
Please click HERE for more information.