The Linebaugh Public Library System offers a wide variety of computer basics, ebook, and special technology training classes.
All classes are free and open to the public. Visit the Calendar and filter by classes to see the monthly list and locations.
3D PRINTING SERVICES
Visit Linebaugh, Smyrna and TEC branches to learn more about 3D printing availability.
LPLS WIFI TO GO
Check out WiFi Hotspots to get internet access on the go! $5 for one week check-out. No renewals.
WIFI ACCESS AT ALL LOCATIONS
Due to the variety of hardware/software configurations, we cannot provide technical support; however, we do provide some guidance below. For additional help, check your computer's documentation, or look under Windows Help.
Linebaugh Library does not use encryption on the wireless network. Although we have taken measures to secure the network, it is not foolproof. As such, wireless users are advised not to transmit any sensitive information. The library makes no guarantee on the security of information transmitted, and the decision of whether to transmit sensitive data is at the user's discretion. Further, it is the responsibility of the patron to protect their own computers from potential compromise by keeping their software up to date with the latest security patches, using a personal firewall, etc.
Instructional Volunteers Needed
Linebaugh Public Library System is always seeking volunteers to teach computer classes in Murfreesboro, Smyrna and MGL locations. For more information, see below:
MGL(Patterson Park): 615-907-3429 Jerome Azbell, email@example.com
INTERNET USAGE POLICY
You must have your library card with you to use a computer.
Your account should be current, have less than $5 in fines and be without overdues.
- You are limited to three 1-hour computer sessions per day (Linebaugh & Smyrna locations only). Otherwise, the limit is two 1-hour sessions.
- Printing costs $.15 for black and white or $.30 for color. Your first $.30 of printing each day is free.
- To print more than your free pages, you must add money to your print account. Please take your library card to a staff desk.
- If you leave your computer inactive for 5 minutes, your session will automatically end.
- If you need to leave your computer, you can "lock" the computer. This will keep your computer session active and will prevent other people from getting on the computer during your session. To do this, click the Lock button and enter a password of your choosing. Your session time will continue to count down, even when the computer is locked.
- Items saved to the computer cannot be retrieved once your session ends. If you need to save an item, you should save it to a flash drive or burn a CD.
- Please take all cell phone calls outside of the computer area.
The Library makes the Internet accessible in accordance with its mission of providing access to information and resources to meet the needs of its constituency.
The Library is CIPA compliant and has blocking software on all Internet terminals. The blocking software, or filter, is not a perfect system and due to its technological limitations may allow sites that could be harmful to minors and may block access to constitutionally protected material on the Internet. The Library may allow access to blocked sites for adult patrons 18 and over upon request. Information on the Internet may be reliable and current, or it may be inaccurate, out-of-date, or unavailable. The Internet contains material that is controversial and inappropriate for children. Library users access the Internet at their own discretion.
Parents/legal guardians assume responsibility for anything their children may access on the Internet. The Library is not responsible if children violate Library and parental rules. The Library's computers are not under constant employee supervision.
Use of the Library computers and the Internet for any purpose that violates federal, state or local laws is prohibited, including:
- Accessing obscenity and or child pornography
- Propagation of computer worms and viruses
- Attempting to breach the Library network and other networks via the Internet
- Transfer or use of copyrighted materials without explicit consent from the owner
Attempting to modify or delete software and data, or installing other software onto the Library computers is not permitted, and will be subject to a revoking of privileges.
Use of the Internet is a privilege, not a right, and violation of the Internet Use Policy will result in a cancellation of this privilege.