- About Us
- Renew My Materials
- Online Resources
- Find Books
- Contact Us
- Room Bookings
- Support Groups
Look to your Public Libraries for Back-to-School Help
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
No matter what your back-to-school looks like, we’re here for you at the Rutherford County Library System (RCLS). Composed of five branches and a Bookmobile, your local library system has much to offer as this unusual school year begins.
- Meeting Spaces: Reservations can currently be made online at rclstn.org for meeting spaces at Linebaugh and TEC branch libraries. Most rooms come with large screen TVs and hookups for laptops to host virtual sessions or in-person meetings within the Phase Two guidelines for social distancing. The MGL branch library in Patterson Park and the TEC will also provide student learning stations. Call those locations for more information.
- WiFi and Hotspots: WiFi is free throughout our RCLS libraries. Reserve and check out a mobile hotspot for $5 per week, with your library card.
- A Huge Collection of Materials: RCLS has over 200,000 items in our collection, plus over one million digital items. Check out books, videos, audio and download e-books, e-audio and music with your library card.
- Online Resources: Visit rclstn.org to find free digital resources for homework help, research papers, language learning, test prep, and more.
- Virtual Programming: Computer classes, story times and more to support teachers, learners, and parents.
- Tutoring Space: Most RCLS libraries have tables and designated areas for one-on-one or small group learning.
To get a free library card, stop by any of our five branches and sign up. All you need is a photo ID with your current address, or a piece of mail with the current address, if your ID is not up-to-date. Children under the age of 18 will need a parent or guardian with them to get a card.
If you only need a card for online use, get an e-card via our website: rclstn.org. Click on the e-card icon and sign up. Make sure to write down the number, as you won’t receive a physical card. You can always update that e-card to a "full-service" card anytime by coming into one of our branches.
To share your ideas on how we can help or ask questions, contact your local Rutherford County Library System branch library.
Linebaugh Public Library is located at 105 W. Vine St. in Murfreesboro. Phone: 615-893-4131.
Smyrna Public Library is located at 400 Enon Springs Rd. West in Smyrna. Phone: 615-459-4884.
Eagleville Bicentennial Public Library is located at 317 Hwy 99E in Eagleville. Phone: 615-274-2626.
MGL Library is located inside Patterson Park Community Center at 521 Mercury Blvd. in Murfreesboro. Phone: 615-907-7120.
The Technology Engagement Center is located at 306 Minerva Drive. Phone: 615-225-8312.
Explore, Imagine, Engage through RCLS. For more information, call 615-893-4131 or visit www.rclstn.org.